Stevenage Tyres & MOT Centre Ltd is proud to be an appointed supply agent for the Falken Tyre brand.
The brand has grown considerably since its humble beginnings in 1983 to its current status of a world class leading tyre manufacturer whose innovative leading edge design tachnologies have assured them an enviable reputation as one of the worlds top manufacturers of ultra high performance tyre products. The prominent points during its history are detailed below -
- 1983 - The Falken tyre brand was born as the high performance of OHTSU Tire and Rubber industries in Japan.
- 1984 - Falken followed what could be decribed as a conservative marketing approach, winning races in its home market and building reputation before expanding into new markets launching a range of tyres that targeted drivers who relished the association with a winning brand.
- 1985 - Started Falken Motorsport and began U.S distribution in Glendale CA.
- 1988 - Introduced the 'Sencera `range - A tyre range offering lasting confidence and comfort for a variety of vehicles along with Hisa Yokoshima winning the 'Mirage Cup International Series Championship`
- 1990- Falken enter the N1 6hr 400 km endurance race at Sugu. Nissan Skyline R32 running Falken tyres class winner.
- 1991 - Opened U.S head quarters.
- 1993 - Entered the Paris to Dakar rally in three classes.
- 1996 - Launched the ZE502 tyre. The first in the 'Ziex` series.
- 1999 - Team Falken begins competing in the ADAC Rennen Nurburgring 24 hour endurance race with the Nissan GT -R 33.
- 2001- Falken bemomes international hill climb sponsor.
- 2003 - The sport of 'Drifting` is introduced to the U.S. The inaugural event is held at Irwindale, C.A. followed by the first D1 Grand Prix drifting competition in the U.S.
- 2006 - The Falken ZE912 attains the 'Top pick` accolade in 'Consumer Reports`.
- 2008 - Falken Tyre Europe GmbH is founded in Offenbach am Main
- 2010 - Falken introduces the all new 'Wild Peak` all terrain tyre.
- 2012 - Falken takes the podium at the Baltimore Grand Prix.
- 2013 - Falken achieves scored second straight win at the Hammers Everyman Challenge...again !
As you can see from the company's history, Falken has a great motorsport heritage that has allowed the many developments in tyre design discovered through racing and motorsport experience to become part of our every day tyre design and technology resulting in ever more capable products at our disposal.
You can find a full and extensive range of Falken products available at the most competitive prices here at Stevenage Tyres & MOT Centre Ltd.